Smart phones have many advantages over their humble rivals. Smart phones combine the performance of a cell phone and a computer in a single pocket-sized unit. Unlike a normal mobile device, a smart phone has a vast amount of both local storage and memory. It has operating units like computers. Smart phones act as mobile entertainment units with the help of which a user can watch videos, listen to music, update blogs, as well as audio and video blogging. The most important feature of a smart phone is that one can access web 2.0 exactly like how one uses the web on the internet. Application software in smart phones allows their use in business related functions. A lot of work that would be done with a notebook or a desktop computer can now be done with a smart phone. A user can connect to a network anywhere anytime.
Users can instantly access information using smart phones. One can also conduct research and communicate with others increasing the speed of productivity. A user has access to information 24 hours a day and 7 days a week through smart phones. Various applications can be installed onto the phone. Learning devices on smart phones enable learners and teachers to interact with one another anytime anywhere. Students have access to any kind of information and they can engage in research at any point.
Let us go through the advantages of smart phones in educational processes:
- Mobile technologies on smart phones are suitable for the new generation of learners who can, otherwise, be called digital natives. The purpose of education is to prepare our children for their future. Becoming familiar with the digital media is the need of the hour. Without computer and information technology the modern education is incomplete.
- Smart phones and other mobile technologies enhance group discussion and collaboration among students in a class. This way the sophisticated gadgets of the modern era can be positively used in the learning process.
- These mobile technologies can be good sources of motivation for students who get to study with these tools. Learning can be entertaining in this mode which will increase students’ participation.
- These technologies allow quick access to required sources. It saves a considerable amount of time. Any source can be accessed anytime anywhere.
- Mobile learning creates positive learning environments for students. Teachers need to update themselves with the learners in the 21st century.
- Wireless connectivity to the internet is easy to maintain and is convenient for both educators and learners.
- Students can easily download audio and video lectures through smart phones and learn on their own later at their convenience. They can also display and edit text documents with the help of smart phones.
In a nutshell, smart phones are multifunctional because they are phones and personal computers. They can make you organized since they have calculator, digital diary, address book, note pad, voice recorder and many more things to make your life easy. They are the smart gadgets students can possess and get huge benefits from.
Browse the site Bestdissertationwriting.net for any kind of help on working with your projects and have trouble free dissertations experience with the ideas from the professionals.